For anyone on a heart healthy or low carb diet, flax seed is one of the best additions to your daily nutrition. It's a good source of fiber and omega-3 fatty acid. It helps lower cholesterol and provide overall health.
eSutras Organics Golden Flax Seed is an 8 oz bottle of USDA organic whole flax seeds that can be ground in a coffee grinder and added to soups, salads, cereal, smoothies, and baked goods. Or they can be used as whole seeds in breads and muffins. The flip top has one side for pouring or scooping large amounts and one side to sprinkle onto your foods.
Flax seed is a really popular ingredient in low carb recipes because it has a net carb count of zero thanks to the high fiber. I've used ground flax seed for several recipes like low carb muffins and spinach smoothies.
But I wanted to try something new, so I found the perfect recipe using both whole and ground flax seeds:
Almond Flax Bread Recipe
Makes 1 loaf
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 tbsp whole flax seeds
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1/2 tsp raw cider vinegar
- Butter, to grease a loaf pan
- Preheat the oven to 300°.
- Grease a loaf pan.
- Mix all ingredients together until thoroughly combined, then pour into a greased standard sized loaf pan and bake at 300° for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the bread’s center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before serving.
Check out my Low Carb Lifestyle pinterest board for more recipe ideas using flax seeds. And be sure to order some flax seed from eSutras Organics; It's American grown and processed, packaged in downtown Chicago, and an 8 oz bottle is only $5!
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.