This downloadable program is made up of two main volumes which contain the complete 50 step-by-step lessons. These PDFs are for the parent or guardian to read to learn the most effective ways to teach your child to read. They are very informative and comprehensive documents, but they do take time to read. This isn't just a video you can sit your child in front of; It's interactive, involves the child's parent/teacher/guardian, and isn't just a memorization method.
The program also comes with two sets of Lesson Stories to go along with each step, Children's Favorite Rhymes, The Most Common Sight Words, plus MP3 Audio Clips of Letter Sounds. All of the PDFs in the program print really well, and can be assembled into a binder.
I believe that it's very important to teach your child to read early, and I've started trying this program with Sophia who just turned 3. We haven't gotten very far, but she enjoys the nursery rhymes and is learning a few words. I can't wait to see how much more she can learn before she enters preschool.
Did you know....
- There is a direct link between a child's academic performance and future success with positive early experiences and developing early reading skills.
- Reading makes your child SMARTER, and the very act of reading can help children compensate for modest levels of cognitive ability!
- Your child's vocabulary at age 3 predicts his or her first grade reading success.
- Vocabulary and reading ability in first grade strongly predicts grade 11 outcomes, and...
- Third grade reading skills directly influences high school graduation. Children who cannot read proficiently by grade 3 are four times more likely to leave school without a diploma than proficient readers!
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.