Easy Caramel Puff Corn Recipe
I work in an office. With cubicles. And goodie days. LOTS of goodie days.
One of the most popular treats at our goodie days has been Caramel Puff Corn. My co-worker shared her recipe, calling it "Easy and evil!" So here it is. Make it for your own goodie days, holidays, or just for a snack. But be warned - it's addicting!
Image Credit: Sweet Escape
- 1 Bag of Old Dutch Puffcorn
- 1 Cup Butter (Not Margarine)
- 1 1/4 Cups Brown Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Combine butter, brown sugar & light corn syrup in 2-qt sauce pan.
- Cook on medium heat until mixture has melted.
- Once mixture has melted add the baking soda. (This will cause the mixture to foam.)
- In a large roaster pan pour Old Dutch Puffcorn and pour caramel mixture over the Old Dutch Puffcorn and stir until mixed.
- Place in oven for 45 minutes, stirring at least every 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, pour on wax/parchment paper and break apart.
- Let cool and ENJOY!
Note: Store in a partially sealed plastic bag so it doesn’t become soggy.